Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A quote and a thought for today

John at ExurbanLeague posted this as his thought of the day:

If someone would have told me on September 11, 2001, that our next president would be named Barack Hussein Obama, I would have assumed we had lost a war or something.


As a congenital Red Sox fan, I think I may actually retroactively remember this quote:

"The sun will rise, the sun will set, and I'll have lunch."
-Former BoSox GM Lou Gorman, on what to do if things don't work out the way you planned.


---
A kibitz from Mark

2 comments:

Eric said...

Yeah, I'm with Gorman on that. It's not gonna be the end of the world if Obama wins. It'll mean some really crappy legislation passed for a few years which will have to be undone. Well, that and a longer (and likely deeper) than necessary recession.

I'm not going to be one of those stocking up on ammo and laying in four years of canned goods and bottled water.

Mark said...

You'll need 8 years' worth... The economy might recover just enough in 4 years - plus the "Good lord, Bush screwed things up worse than we thought" just might see The One through two terms.