Saturday, March 21, 2009

Succession

Just for giggles, I decided to look up the line of succession in the event Barack Obama becomes unable to continue in office due to death, resignation, impeachment or whatever. And before any slavering barking moonbat says otherwise, no, I'm not wishing for any of those things. Consider it an academic inquiry into what the pre-2013 options would be.

I was pretty solid on the order of succession up to Speaker of the House, but beyond that I wasn't sure of the order. Aging's a bitch, y'know?

Anyway, while I guess I always knew it, well, since the 20th of January this year at least, walking through the rogues' gallery gave me shivers down my spine.

Let's begin...

First, we have Joltin' Joe Biden, God love 'im. Next!

Next up is House Speaker Nancy "San Fran Nan" Pelosi. Known in some circles as Granny McBotox. No. Next!

Next in line is President pro tempore of the Senate and former KKK Grand Reptile (or maybe it's lizard? Dragon? Whatever) Robert Byrd. Don't call us, we'll call you. Next!

How about Secretary of State Hillary Clinton? No? Next!

Maybe Treasury Secretary Tim "TurboTax" Geithner is more to your liking? Not on your life. Next!

Number six in line is Defense Secretary Robert Gates. Hmmm...better than numbers one through five, at least. We'll think about it, but odds are Obama will dump him in favor of some Chicago lackey first.

Last, without going into obscure cabinet positions nobody gives a shit about, is Attorney General Eric Holder. No way...he called me (and everybody else in this country) a coward.

How's that for a line-up?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My God, what a line up...

You better hope if there's some huge disaster and all these people bite the dust, that somehow Gates is the odd man out.