Friday, March 20, 2009

Descent into barbarism watch: Day 1

In which I chronicle the day-to-day tribulations of living with two (more-or-less) adult boys as my wife trots around Europe for two weeks.

OK, so I think I can handle this whole cooking and cleaning thing while the wife's away on vacation. The one thing I haven't figured out is what happens to the dishes after they're used? Sure, I see some of them sitting on the kitchen counter, because I put them there after I was done eating. But where are the rest of them? Weird.

And I'm a bit worried that there only seems to be a few days worth of dishes in the cabinet. Between the three of us, we'll be through those by Sunday, maybe Monday at the latest. I still haven't figured out where the dirty dishes go and where the clean ones come from, but I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later. Maybe she just buys more every few days. Yeah, I'll bet that's it.

Update: Well, I figured out where some of the clean dishes come from. I put my plate on the floor so the dog could have the leftover bits, and that bad boy was pretty clean when he got done with it! Might be able to make it to Tuesday.

2 comments:

Mr. Bingley said...

Yep, just put that plate back in the cabinet and you're good to go! And you save water too!

Eric said...

Yeah! That's it...I'm going green!