Saturday, March 08, 2008

The angry left

When I heard a news snippet this morning while waiting for my flight out of LaGuardia, I couldn't wait to see what the reaction from the far left would be. The news item was about Rep. Steve King's (R-IA) comment that al Qaeda would be dancing in the streets if Barack Obama got elected.

So I checked that repository of left-wing anger and vitriol, Huffington Post, to see what their readers' take on it would be. Imagine my disappointment to find that comments were already closed. Disappointment, but not surprise. This is standard procedure for HuffPo, whose readers' comments are often so over the top that HuffPo's editors can't bear the thought of them seeing the light of day. So on those topics that elicit the more deranged responses, comments on the article are closed, casting all earlier comments into oblivion.

I have to admit to being a bit baffled by the anger and hatred on the far left. If ignorance is bliss, they should be the happiest little wankers on the planet.

No comments: