Monday, June 22, 2009

Obama admin: Can we get any worse? Yes! We! CAN!

Just as I thought Barack Obama couldn't possibly get any more inept and tone-deaf over his handling of the Iranian situation, I saw this link float by on Twitter.
The United States said Monday its invitations were still standing for Iranian diplomats to attend July 4 celebrations at US embassies despite the crackdown on opposition supporters.

President Barack Obama's administration said earlier this month it would invite Iran to US embassy barbecues for the national holiday for the first time since the two nations severed relations following the 1979 Islamic revolution.

"There's no thought to rescinding the invitations to Iranian diplomats," State Department spokesman Ian Kelly told reporters.
Is he fucking serious? The whole idea was batshit crazy before the Iranian regime rigged an election and murdered citizens who dared protest. I've come to truly detest Obama.

The original link was from Weasel Zippers, who said "I can't take it anymore, he drives me fucking insane.....". Yeah, I'm with you on that, Zip.

4 comments:

Mr. Bingley said...

Hey, I'd invite them over.

and then serve Hebrew National hot dogs.

Charles said...

LOL! Good one! :)

Eric said...

I could be wrong, but isn't Kosher food also considered Halal?

Of course, just the word "Hebrew" on the package would be enough to drive the guests batshit.

Ayrdale said...

I think Obama will follow the same downward spiral of Tony Blair. Adulation to the point of hysteria, then loathing...even from his own party. For all our sakes I hope the process takes only one term.