Saturday, January 27, 2007

Fountain of Wealth

Still struggling with my N-less keyboard, but I figured I'd get one more post up before heading home tomorrow (finally!).

We headed back to Singapore last Wednesday after several days in Malaysia. More on Kuala Lumpur later, but after all is said and done, I think I like Singapore best.

I ran out to do a bit of shopping today and took some shots of the "Fountain of Wealth" at the Suntec City Center. Suntec is a complex of offices and shopping, and in the center of it all is the Fountain of Wealth, which locals claim to be the largest fountain in the world. Here's a shot of it from the street:


And here's a shot of it from below, sort of inside the fountain:


According to time-honored tradition which dates back at least, oh, 10 years or so, when the upper portion isn't running, you're supposed to walk to the center and touch the water there to bring wealth.

No comments: