Monday, September 04, 2006

Not your every day street musicians


I forgot to bring my camera on this trip, but I do have my Treo 650. It's useless as a cell phone here in Europe, but it takes a decent picture in a pinch.

I suspect Heidelberg is one of the few places one might see something like this. These were well-dressed musicians who I suspect are also professional performers judging by their sound. And yes, they were accepting tips in the violin case. I thought they sounded good enough to merit a couple of Euros.

2 comments:

The_SRV said...

I be interested to know how most people you meet up with, what they really think of Americans.

We, those that travel, are often asked to answer for the policy decisions of our leaders.

I also was quiet on some of the Eurorail trains during some of the telling of dumb American jokes. Some were funny.

-Steven G. Erickson a.k.a. blogger Vikingas

Eric said...

Oddly, nearly every European I meet (mostly Germans, because that's where I go most often) like Americans.

They'll debate and argue and tell you how wrong America is about everything, all the while buying you more drinks.

Most tellingly, the Germans I've met who are most in agreement with me about political/military affairs are the ones from the former East Germany. They know what things are like under a totalitarian government.