Saturday, May 31, 2008

31,000 scientists can't be wrong

Some 31,000 scientists have signed a petition denying anthropogenic global warming.
More than 31,000 scientists have signed a petition denying that man is responsible for global warming.

The academics, including 9,000 with PhDs, claim that greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide and methane are actually beneficial for the environment.
The Telegraph dutifully trots out an opposing viewpoint from an unnamed spokesman for the Royal Society, Britain's national science academy:
“The world’s leading climate experts at the Nobel Prize-winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change believe that it is greater than 90 per cent likely that human activity is responsible for most of the observed warming in recent decades. That is a pretty strong consensus.

“The science has come a long way since 1998 and it continues to point in one direction - the need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to avert dangerous climate change.”
Um, yeah. That science has come a long way since 1998. So far, in fact, that the latest science shows that since 1998, the planet's temperature has actually declined. Not what a reasonable scientist would expect given that carbon dioxide levels have greatly increased since then.

2 comments:

Big Daddy B said...

Hi flipflop:

I don't know if you have seen my name before but I comment on Hot Air from time to time with the nickname Mormon Doc. When I am not commenting there I am an author and have just published a book entitled Soul Survivor. I am hosting a contest to give away 5 signed copies of the book and I want to invite you to participate. There is a summary of the book on my site and NO purchase is required to be eligible.

The reason I am doing this is to increase awareness of my book before it goes up on Amazon next month. The more important reason is that I believe the book has the potential to help people.

Please visit my website to see the contest rules (which are simple) and remember that this does not require any purchase. Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

James Ballou
author of Soul Survivor
www.jamesballou.com

Eric said...

Hi James...I recognize your nickname from Hot Air...I comment there from time to time as well.

Thanks for the comment...I checked your site, and the book sounds pretty compelling. It's always good to hear of someone overcoming such adversity.