Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Delta and Northwest to merge

So it seems that Delta and Northwest airlines have agreed to a merger, which will result in the world's largest airline. As a Delta frequent flyer, I have some mixed feelings on this.

On the one hand, this may allow me to fly my usual airline on more trips, meaning I can keep more of my frequent flyer miles in one place, and improves my odds of getting an upgrade on those longer trips.

On the other hand, my observation of mergers is that the combined company tends to keep the worst policies of each company and discard the best, resulting in a high level of crap for both customers and employees.


I figure it's at least a year before we start seeing the effects of the merger, so it's wait and see for now. But if there's a significant downturn in service or frequent flyer benefits, I won't hesitate to jump to United.

No comments: