Saturday, December 15, 2007

Choosing a horse: Fred Thompson

It's been a pretty hectic week work-wise, as evidenced by the lack of recent posts. But just because I haven't been writing that doesn't mean I haven't been reading.

After much deliberation, I've decided to throw my support to Fred Thompson for President. His ineffective campaigning aside, his stance on the issues line up closer to my own than any other candidate. There's much I like about Giuliani, Romney, and McCain, but Thompson's 'the one'. His positions on national security and the "long war", immigration, tax reform, energy policy, and health care are sensible and realistic.

Fred's trailing well behind in the polls right now, and I don't much like his chances of turning things around before the early primaries starting in January, but I'm not going to support Mike Huckabee just because he's on a roll.

3 comments:

DB said...

"but I'm not going to support Mike Huckabee just because he's on a roll." ...LMAO. So true! But tbh, if Fred Thompson can't even be enthusiastic about running a campaign, how would he be if actually elected? He has defined lazy in his campaigning, I would hope that isn't a quality we should hope for in our leaders.

Eric said...

I don't know...I think the "lazy Fred" thing is a myth promoted by (a) his GOP opponents and (b) a media more sympathetic to the Democrats who'd just love to see the Huckster get the nomination.

I'm more inclined to think that his campaign has been doing a less than stellar job (to put it kindly) in getting his ugly mug in front of the cameras.

Tyler said...

Finally, another Fred supporter. Let's just hope he wins.