Friday, October 09, 2009

NobeLOL!

I've been seeing the hashtag #nobeLOL quite a bit on Twitter today. What else can I say about Obama's jawdropping Nobel Peace Prize award that hasn't already been said by others? Hot Air's got a pretty good round-up of reactions at this link. In another sign that maybe all is not hopeless, there seems to be pretty good consensus between the left and right that it was way too soon for Obama to have received this once-prestigious award.

The Nobel committee took this prize down the path to irrelevance long ago by making the award an increasingly political statement. As for the rationale behind the award, I'm sticking with my initial assessment. There was a real sense of urgency among the Nobel committee to give it to him now before he completely screwed up his chances of ever getting one.

1 comment:

Ayrdale said...

Yes and I think it's a PR disaster for POTUS and the Nobel committee. The lustre and adulation hysteria seem a long way away now.