Thursday, June 28, 2007

I don't get it (or...Yo no comprende)

It remains to be seen which way things will go, but at the moment, it looks like the immigration bill may die the ignominious death it deserves. Here's to hoping.

This abject piece of crap legislation should never have been proposed in the first place, but what remains the biggest mystery of all is why so many previously sane people, in both the legislative and executive branches of government, were championing this bucket of crap in the first place. In the face of overwhelming public opposition to the bill, it amazes me that our elected officials chose to ignore their constituents' wishes and work so relentlessly to push this thing through. So I kind of like Ace's idea for sending a big "fuck you" to the Republican party.

I'm already registered as an Independent, but I suppose I could hold my nose and donate a few bucks to the DNC.

No comments: